Nov 27, 2013

MY LOVE LETTER TO MY READERS: BLOG BIRTHDAY

American Apparel pants & bag, H&M coatigan (similar Riller & Fount), Brandy tee (similar A.Wang, Club Monaco, Madewell), Converse (similar Superga)

Dear, Readers:

It's that time of year again - let us welcome the onslaught of generic slogans, spiced scents, sugar-induced food babies, and irrational cheer - all of which I happen to be a big fan of. For this very reason, I am so glad that my blog birthday also happens to fall upon Thanksgiving Day (not only because it makes it easier to remember). And as I have expressed in the past, the thanks and gratitude I have for you all and the past two years of blogging are too seldom iterated - yet really voicing how blessed I continually feel would risk a loss of sincerity. But thank you all, nevertheless, for a beautiful 17531 hours (more or less) of High-Stitched Voice's existence. 

The largeness of the number of hours has become somewhat incomprehensible for me beyond a certain point, but I think that just goes to show how incomprehensible the experience of just being able to interact with you all and express myself through certain outlets for two whole years has been. I hope that fall and its changing colors can do a better way of thanking you through these photos than I can convey through words (alternatively, you can look at the giddy first photo of the post - think of it as my face when y'all are on my mind). 

As with all things (here I am making another generic, overused statement), blogging has had its ups and downs with me this past year (something I mentioned a couple of months ago). Despite the occasional blip, I do need to keep myself in check and remember that ultimately, I am happy writing and creating, and if this isn't going where I envision it to be going, then all I need to do is rethink it. It's been a helluva ride, loves. Thank you, again, for sticking with me. I can only hope for more hours, more creating, and more loving.

In the meantime, I am writing this from San Francisco, as I'm spending Thanksgiving break with my big brother (he's the closest family I have nearby). I am eating (as per usual), exploring the pretty city, and capturing it through my lens. You can keep up to date with my foodie excursions & such on Instagram here.

Happy Holidays!

So, so, so much love,
S

P.S. Oh, and yes, I am wearing yet again one of my uniformly comfy, mindless ensembles. 

11 comments:

  1. Congratulation and happy thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your trouser and the top together. The coat is prettier! x

    http://moiraparton.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! Adore your outfit, nothing more classic than white Converse teamed with grey, white and black. Congratulations on your blog anniversary too - the blogging world and community is still quite something to behold, right? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! So glad I found your blog this year and it instantly became one of my to-go blogs :) Happy Birthday to High-Stitched Voice! ♥

    xoxo Erin
    colorwithrouge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday to your blog!!!! :D Love love looove your outfit :)

    ninaalvia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg this may sound creepy but i think i might've seen you at urban outfitters today??
    but anyway, happy thanksgiving and stay awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete

  7. I am a colorist at Sally Hershberger Los Angeles for over 4 years now, Bianca Hillier.You may yelp me, some of my latest work was on the cover and a 19 page spread of Avant Garde Magazine August issue.
    http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/609055
    I colored Mahina Alexander, Cailin Russo, Bekka Gunther and Rebekah Keida for New York Fashion Week 2013 for Mara Hoffmans Collection. I worked with Miss Teen Kentucky, Miss Teen United States Belle Owens. For the Mamadoux clothing line, the owner and model Palma Wright. My work has been features on the blogs:
    http://spazmag.com/blog/
    http://lavagabonddame.com/
    http://www.littleblackboots.com/?m=1
    http://www.rougefox.com/?m=1
    YouTube:
    Youtube.com/watch?v=WlpS4AOwXRY
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Afl9lHxx8
    I've worked on the makeovers of 3 seasons of Americas Next Top Model, Millionaire Matchmaker, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette and Style Network. I've assisted with Natalie Portman for the making of Black Swan, Bryce Dallas Howard for The Help, Jerry Bruckheimer and Raquel Welch on a regular weekly business basis, Lauren Graham for the television series Parent Hood, Jessica Capshaw and Kim Raver for Greys Anatomy, Whitney Cummings for Money Shot and Elizabeth Perkins for the television series Weeds. I have worked with Nora Kirkpatrick from the television series Greek and from the band Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and Ralph Saenz from the band Steel Panther on a chronic schedule.
    I would like to collaborate with you and create new ideas through your hair/appearance. Please contact me if you are interested.
    @biancacolour
    @_biancahillier_
    6262445430



    Sent from my iPhone

    Sent from my iPhone

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi

    Sorry to inform you from your blog, but your new oasap order was shipped back, and we can not reach you from email, so would you like to respond your phone NO to cooperation@oasap.com ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi

    Sorry to inform you from your blog, but your new oasap order was shipped back, and we can not reach you from email, so would you like to respond your phone NO to cooperation@oasap.com ? :)

    ReplyDelete